ABCs of Summer: T
August 16th, 2017
1. Trampoline – If you have one, get out there and jump with your children. They love it when mom or dad joins in!
2. Terrarium – Bring a little of the outdoors in by creating a terrarium. Kids can do it – Here’s how.
3. Tent – Never got a chance to go camping this summer? Put up the tent for the family (or maybe just the kids) to sleep in your backyard or living room.
4. Treasure Hunt – Spend a few minutes printing and hiding clues to create a fun indoor or outdoor adventure for your kids, complete with a “treasure” at the end (special snack, new back-to-school item, etc.) Look here for pre-written clues to make it super easy. Here’s the outdoor version.
5. Traditions – Do you have first day of school traditions? Here are a few fantastic ideas shared by creative parents. My favorite from this list is:
“I’ve seen this idea floating through my social media stream this week, and I’d like to try it for my youngest son, who is going into first grade. Buy a big t-shirt for your kid that says Class of 2027 (or whatever year they will graduate high school) and then take a picture of your child growing into the shirt each year on the first day of school.” —Buzz Bishop, father of two who blogs at DadCamp.ca.
Tell us your Tips! Leave additional fun summer ideas for the letter T in the comments…