We're up to big things at SLO Classical Academy! You'll find us off the beaten path, providing classical education and enrichment (with a twist). We exist to educate for life, understanding that education is not a means to an end, but a worthy end in and of itself.
Is SLOCA the Right Fit for You?
Here at SLOCA, we are a community that is committed to forging character, fostering wisdom, and nurturing a lifelong passion for learning. If you believe wholeheartedly in this mission and are able to fully enjoy and appreciate what makes us unique, we may just be the perfect match! Get to know us by perusing our values below and the rest of our website.
What We Look For & Expect
Our organizational values* lay out the traits that are central to our success in both thriving and standing out in the larger community. These same attributes are those that allow employees to best fit and thrive in our community as well. They are qualities and behaviors that we all must seek to incorporate, grow in, and exude.
Permission to Play Values: The bottom line is, you've got to have these firmly in place if you're going to work at SLOCA!
Fair enough? Great! Then let's check out our...
Core Values: Core Values represent behaviors that are inherent to SLOCA and come naturally to us as a community. They're just part of who we are!
- All In: dedicated for the long-haul
- Always Mindful: focused and thoughtful.
- Always Learning: individually and corporately. SLOCA is, if nothing else, a learning community focused on educating for life.
- Offbeat: SLOCA is off the beaten educational path - following a dynamic road-less-traveled and becoming increasingly counter-cultural. We pride ourselves in our approach and philosophy, our creativity, and our commitment to making a stand for what it takes to educate for life.
And, lest you think we have it all together or expect you to, we also have...
Aspirational Values: Aspirational values are those values and behaviors we see as important to our success; however, because they may not come so naturally to us, we are aspiring to more mindfully work towards them. We are, after all, always learning!
- All for one, one for all: We see all SLOCA stakeholders as one TEAM.
- Make Merry: The business of educating for life is rigorous and serious, which therefore makes it all the more important to balance it with playfulness and celebration.
- On-top-of-it: SLOCA strives to be on top of its game in terms of all it does.
- Down-to-earth: Although we strive for "on-top-of-it-ness", our "down-to-earth-ness" balances that out as we seek to be approachable, warm, comfortable, and welcoming.
This is just a taste of what we have to say about the things that are important to us as an organization. If you're interested in finding out more or expressing your own thoughts about the values we hold, we'd love to hear from you! Check out the job openings we have listed below or drop us a line to tell us all about why you want to work at SLOCA and how the values above have resonated with you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The following positions are sought:
On-Call Substitute Teachers (ongoing)
What We Need for Teaching Positions:
Resume or Vita with references
Proof of California Teaching Credential
Completed SLO Classical Academy Application
What We Need for Non-Teaching Staff Positions:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae with references
Cover letter indicating your interest in SLO Classical Academy and the position for which you are applying
Download a Staff Application
Upon hiring, employees must complete a background check with fingerprinting and TB test.
All Applications can be mailed to, or dropped off on our campus at 165 Grand Avenue, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405; or submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The framework for these organizational values (hierarchy of "Permission to Play", "Core", and "Aspirational" values) was inspired and guided by the work of Patrick Lencioni, in his book, The Advantage.